Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThrough a collection of speeches, letters, and primary accounts, and with a revised introduction that draws on an outpouring of scholarship over the past twenty years, Colin Calloway provides insight into the underrepresented Native American voices of the colonial, Revolutionary, and early national periods. With four new text documents and four new visual source documents, the volume continues to portray such themes as loss of land, war and peace, missionaries and Christianity, the education of Native American youth, European techlogy, European alcohol, and political changes within Indian societies in Early America. Revised Questions for Consideration and an updated Selected Bibliography, along with a new Chrology of Encounters between Indians and Colonists, serve to further support student learning.
- Author BiographyColin G. Calloway is the John Kimball Jr. 1943 Professor of History and Professor of Native American Studies at Dartmouth College. He served for two years as associate director of and editor at the D Arcy McNickle Center for the History of the American Indian at the Newberry Library in Chicago and taught for seven years at the University of Wyoming. Professor Calloway has written many books on Native American history, including The Scratch of a Pen: 1763 and The Transformation of North America (2006); One Vast Winter Count: The Native American West Before Lewis and Clark (2003); and two books for the Bedford Series in History and Culture: Our Hearts Fell to the Ground: Plains Indians Views of How the West Was Lost (1996), and The World Turned Upside Down: Indian Voices from Early America (1994).
- Author(s)University Colin G Calloway
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication22/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.