All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The World We Want, Peter Karoff presents a collective vision of an ideal world. The book weaves together multi-sector, multidiscipline strategies, but-in large part-it is about the power of human connection, reinforced by personal stories of motivation and the human capacity for caring. Without igring the institutional and cultural obstacles, and the courage needed to face down the dark side of human behavior, Karoff shows how citizen engagement and open source solutions could tip the scale toward a better world.
- Author BiographyPeter Karoff founded the Philanthropic Initiative (TPI) to help donors increase the impact of their philanthropy and at the same time make giving more meaningful in their own lives. President of TPI from 1989 to 2002, he is a senior fellow at the College of Citizenship and Public Service at Tufts University. Jane Maddox is an editor and writer at TPI who has worked with public agencies, companies, and nonprofits in communicating their missions, programs, and ideas.
- Author(s)H. Karoff,Jane Maddox,Peter Karoff
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/01/2007
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.