CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.55
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
About this product
- DescriptionArthur is a worn-out war veteran who w sits on his veranda smoking and coughing his heart out and watching the world go by. He watches as a group of seasonal workers steal goods from his mate Phil's General Store across the road. He informs Phil of the thefts and Phil then employs a friend of Arthur's, a fourteen-year-old girl called Jilly, to keep an eye on the store. The gang kidnaps Jilly from the store and take her to a bush hideout where they beat her, terrorise her and sexually molest her. Arthur mounts his worn-out old mare Blacky, and goes after the criminals, unconcerned for his own welfare. He doesn't care if he dies saving Jilly. His lone crusade leads to a great deal of bloodshed and anguish for himself, Jilly and her family. His mission becomes clouded with more and more difficulties and unexpected twists and turns, finally reaching a bloody and unexpected climax.
- Author BiographyRobert Menzies is a retired school principal who now lives at Hope Island on Queensland, Australia's Gold Coast with his wife of thirty-four years, Merilyn. He has a daughter Jacquie, a son Benjamin, a daughter-in-law Natasha and two grandchildren, William and Isabella.
- Author(s)Robert Menzies
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight382 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.