All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough compelling personal stories Sylvia Earle puts the current and future peril of the ocean and the life it supports in perspective for a wide public audience.
- Author BiographyKnown worldwide as the Ambassador for the Ocean, Sylvia Earle is also TIME magazine's first Hero for the Planet and National Geographic's first Explorer in Residence. She is former NOAA Chief Scientist, and the first person to walk untethered at the lowest depth ever--1, 250 feet. She is a major force in the establishment and growth of the world's marine sanctuaries and was personally responsible for convincing President Bush that the recently named sanctuary in Hawaii should be protected. She is founder and director of Deep Ocean Research and Exploration, which designs instruments for deep-sea exploration. She is author of 15 books on the ocean.
- Author(s)Sylvia A. Earle
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Note40 Black and White Photos, 2 Maps
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.