The World is as You Dream it: Teachings from the Amazon and Andes by John Perkins (Paperback, 1994)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter 'Hit Man'. The New York Times bestseller Confessions of an Ecomic Hit Mandocuments John Perkins' extraordinary career as a globe-trotting ecomic hit man. Perkins' insider's view leads him to crisis of conscience--to the realization that he must devote himself to work which will foster a world-wide awareness of the sanctity of indigeus peoples, their cultures, and their environments. Perkins' books demonstrate how the age-old shamanic techniques of some of the world's most primitive peoples have sparked a revolution in modern concepts about healing, the subconscious, and the powers each of us has to alter individual and communal reality. Deep in the rain forests and high in the Andes of Ecuador, native shamans teach the age-old technique of dream change, a tradition that has kept the cultures of the Otavalans, Salasacans, and Shuar alive despite centuries of conquest. Now these shamans are turning their wisdom and power to the problem of curing a new kind of illness--that created by the industrial world's dream of dominating and exploiting nature. John Perkins tells the story of these remarkable shamans and of the U.S. medical doctors, psychologists, and scientists who have gone with him to learn the techniques of dream change. These shamanic teachings have sparked a revolution in modern concepts about healing, the subconscious, and the powers each of us has to alter individual and communal reality.
- Author BiographyJohn Perkins is the author of the bestselling Confessions of an Economic Hit Man. The World Is As You Dream It and his other books follow his life and adventures after Hit Man. John has used the knowledge he gained from master shamans around the world in his successful career as a management consultant, president of a U.S. energy company, and as founder of the Dream Change Coalition, an organization that inspires executives to clean up pollution, reshape corporate goals, and form Earth-honoring partnerships with indigenous cultures. He is also the author of The Stress-Free Habit, Shapeshifting, and Psychonavigation.
- Author(s)John Perkins
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication01/04/1994
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDestiny Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight273 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.