All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe brown bear -- the largest terrestrial carnivore in the world -- is one of the many fascinating species covered in this guide. The World of Bears -- edited by world-famous naturalist Jeff Corwin -- teaches about the way bears evolved, how they are built and how they behave, reproduce and survive in different habitats around the world. It also highlights some of the most familiar and unique species found worldwide, their current status, what to do if you encounter a bear in the wild and what you can do to help to conserve and protect these spectacular creatures. This folding pocket guide is the ideal reference for bear-lovers and teachers alike. Made in the USA.
- Author BiographyJeff Corwin is an American animal and nature conservationist, best known as host and executive producer of the Animal Planet cable channel television programs, The Jeff Corwin Experience and Corwin's Quest, and the currently playing Ocean Mysteries on ABC. Corwin has authored previous works including 100 Heartbeats, which investigates the plight of the plant's most endangered species and the conservation heroes trying to save them. Zoologist James Kavanagh has researched and written more than 450 publications pertaining to wildlife observation and outdoor recreation. His unique talent is in taking complex information and synthesizing the salient points to make knowledge about nature and the outdoors more accessible to novices, and to present quick, portable reference information for more experienced wildlife and outdoor enthusiasts. His books have sold more than 5 million copies worldwide.
- Author(s)James Kavanagh
- PublisherWaterford Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleJeff Corwin's Explorer Series
- Place of PublicationBlaine, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWaterford Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight42 g
- Width89 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.