All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdapted by Norman CorwinDramatic ComedyCharacters: 2 male, 1 femaleSimple Set Carl Sandburg's works, adapted by Norman Corwin, as first performed by Bette Davis and Lief Erickson, and a host of others in New York and on tour. The best of the Pulitzer Prize-winner's verse, including some previously unpublished; and prose, including the biography of Lincoln; and interspersed with optional American folk songs from his songbag. Playful and serious, childlike and wise, commonplace and fresh, homespun and poetic, distinctively American and daringly boundless...Dry in its wit, like a prairie philosopher, and passionate in its convictions like one of the Lord's prophets. - The New York Times The snappers that mark the endings of so many Sandburg aphorisms are unfailingly comic, impudently infected. 'Some day they'll give a war and body'll come' pops out at you with incence and ease, and becomes devastating thereby. The 'goofyisms' that give the evening a gay and idiot shrug in its final few moments are read with the soft shoe elan of an unretired vaudevillian. -The New York Herald Tribune
- Author(s)Norman Corwin
- PublisherSamuel French, Inc.
- Date of Publication14/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSamuel French, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.