Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNot strictly a biography of Jules Verne, it is a fascinating mix of anecdotes, extracts from the vels and real-life incidents. The reader re-encounters extraordinary characters like Phileas Fogg and Captain Nemo against a backdrop of marvellous illustrations.
- Author BiographyGonzague Saint Bris was born in Touraine. A writer, historian and journalist, he is the author of more than thirty works, including essays, novels, biographies and notably Le Romantisme absolu, the manifesto of the French 'Nouveaux Romantiques' movement. Gonzague Saint Bris lives in Amboise in the chateau de Clos Luce (Cloux), the house in which Leonardo da Vinci died. Stephane Heuet's lavish illustrations catch the nuances of Verne's musings on technology on nearly every page. A former naval officer, Heuet gained recognition for his complete illustration of Remembrance of Things Past by Marcel Proust. Sir Arthur C. Clarke's career spans six decades and more than 70 books. Perhaps best known for inspiring and co-writing the screenplay of 2001: A Space Odyssey and for inventing the communications satellite, Clarke was born to a family of farmers in Minehead, a town in Somerset, England. Award wining translator Helen Marx's translation of The World of Jules Verne marks yet another important addition to the library of French letters in translation. In 2005 Helen Marx won the French-American Foundation's award for her translation of Silbermann by Jacques de Lacretelle.
- Author(s)Gonzague Saint Bris
- PublisherTurtle Point Press
- Date of Publication12/02/2006
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationChappaqua
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtle Point Press
- Content Note67 full-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight641 g
- Width202 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Stephane Heuet
- Foreword byArthur C. Clarke
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.