All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe World of Niagara Wine is a transdisciplinary exploration of the Niagara wine industry. In the first section, contributors explore the history and regulation of wine production as well as its contemporary ecomic significance. The second section focuses on the entrepreneurship behind and the promotion and marketing of Niagara wines. The third introduces readers to the science of grape growing, wine tasting, and wine production, and the final section examines the social and cultural ramifications of Niagara's increasing reliance on grapes and wine as an ecomic motor for the region. The original research in this book celebrates and critiques the local wine industry and situates it in a complex web of Old World traditions and New World reliance on techlogy, science, and taste as well as global processes and local sociocultural reactions. Preface by Konrad Ejbich.
- Author BiographyMichael Ripmeester , Phillip Gordon Mackintosh , and Christopher Fullerton are faculty members in the Department of Geography at Brock University.
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Note20 b/w photos & maps
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byChristopher Fullerton,Michael Ripmeester,Phillip Gordon Mackintosh
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $80.68New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.