All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionW.E.B. Du Bois (1868-1963) was one of the leading public figures of his time--an African American sociologist, historian, civil rights activist, author, and editor. He organised, protested, laid out programs, petitioned, and raised questions of long-term strategy and short-term tactics. He also wrote numerous books and articles and was a commanding speaker and a prodigious correspondent. Meyer Weinberg created The World of W.E.B. Du Bois to provide a short journey through Du Bois's views on virtually all aspects of twentieth-century life. More than one thousand quotations from his published writings and correspondence are included, arranged into twenty topical chapters. Each quotation begins with a heading designed to summarise its main theme. A subject index provides additional access to the ideas of this complex figure.
- Author BiographyMeyer Weinberg , who died in 2002, was the author or editor of eighteen books, including A Short History of American Capitalism. He was the founder and first director of the Horace Mann Bond Centre for Equal Education at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and a member of the W.E.B. Du Bois Department of Afro American Studies.
- PublisherUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMeyer Weinberg
- Foreword byJr. John H. Bracey
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.