The World of the Early Church: A Social History by Simon M. Jones (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.60Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- Est. delivery by 7 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Roman world formed the social and cultural backdrop to the emergence of the Christian movement, which has influenced so deeply the world we live in today. So what was it like for ordinary people? Where did they live? What work did they do? What did they do in their free time? How did they understand their place in the world, in relation to others and, very importantly, the gods? And, significantly, how was it that a rural Jewish renewal group became one of the fastest-growing urban movements through the first century and beyond?
- Author BiographySimon Jones was a financial journalist before being appointed Editor of Christianity, and is now minister of Bromley Baptist Church. He has written seven books, mainly for ivp, including Discovering the New Testament and Why Bother with Church, the latter being the inspiration behind his current field of study. He has taught on the social history of the New Testament in Sri Lanka and Prague as well as at Spring Harvest and in his own church, and published articles in this area.
- Author(s)Simon M. Jones
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication18/03/2011
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Books
- Content NoteColour Maps, Photographs and Diagrams
- Weight794 g
- Width195 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.