The World on a String: A Musical Memoir by Joseph Cosgriff, John Pizzarelli (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.51+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBehind the scenes in the life of a musician--an exuberant, entertaining memoir from jazz guitarist, singer, and raconteur John Pizzarelli John Pizzarelli, the son of jazz guitar legend Bucky Pizzarelli, is a conisseur of American song who grew up among the legends of jazz. From teenage explorations of rock music to life on the road with his father, he worked his way from gigs in tiny clubs to opening for Frank Sinatra during his final international tour. Now Pizzarelli performs in festivals and top venues across the United States and the world, and he shares his unique journey in this revealing, charming, and heartwarming memoir. Includes firsthand stories of famous jazz greats and popular music icons including Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Rosemary Clooney, Benny Goodman, Joe Pass, James Taylor, and Paul McCartney Reveals what it was like to grow up among great musicians and storytellers and shares the day-to-day experiences of a touring musician's life Includes thirty-five terrific photographs that take you inside John Pizzarelli's life and music Part of the Wiley-Lincoln Center alliance Absorbing, upbeat, funny, and down to earth, World on a String is an irresistible celebration of music and life that will appeal to John Pizzarelli's large and growing following.
- Author BiographyJOHN PIZZARELLI has enjoyed a more than thirty-year career as a jazz guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter. His syndicated radio program, Radio Deluxe with John Pizzarelli , cohosted with his wife, Jessica Molaskey, airs in more than one hundred markets. He began his recording career in 1980 and has appeared on more than two hundred record albums, twenty-five as a singer and leader. His performance highlights include headlining concerts at Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, the Hollywood Bowl, and New Year's Eve at the Kennedy Center, opening for Frank Sinatra's World Tour in 1993, accompanying Paul McCartney as part of an iTunes live streaming concert in February 2012, and an annual month-long engagement with his wife, Jessica, at New York's Cafe Carlyle. JOSEPH COSGRIFF is a writer, songwriter, and speaker who lives in New York City.
- Author(s)John Pizzarelli,Joseph Cosgriff
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight564 g
- Width163 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.