All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA boxed set of the three books that have been confirmed in a popular vote as the World's Favourite Agatha Christie vels. In a worldwide poll to mark the Queen of Crime's 125th birthday on 15 September 2015, three books stood out as clear favourites amongst Christie fans past and present. And Then There Were None, Agatha Christie's 1939 standalone vel, was voted the World's Favourite Christie, collecting 21% of more than 15,000 votes cast. The runners up were Murder on the Orient Express with 15% and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd - one of Christie's personal favourites - with nearly 10%. Voters were asked to choose their favourite title from the full Christie can via www.worldsfavouritechristie.com And Then There Were None was Agatha Christie's most successful book. With over 100 million copies sold worldwide, it is also the bestselling crime vel of all time. Called 'Agatha Christie's masterpiece' (Spectator) and the 'most baffling mystery Agatha Christie has ever written' (New York Times), it was famously difficult to write. Christie said she liked it for its 'difficult technique which was a challenge'. In And Then There Were None, ten strangers are invited to Soldier Island, an isolated rock near the Devon coast. Cut off from the mainland, with their generous hosts Mr and Mrs U.N. Owen mysteriously absent, they are each accused of a terrible crime. When one of the party dies suddenly they realise they may be harbouring a murderer among their number. The other two books see the Belgian detective Hercule Poirot facing two of his most challenging cases: In Murder on the Orient Express, an American millionaire dies of multiple stab wounds on a swbound train bound for Paris, and in The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, a wealthy widower is stabbed to death in his study, the sensational book that made Agatha Christie a household name.
- Author BiographyAgatha Christie was born in Torquay in 1890 and became the best-selling novelist in history. Her first novel, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, introduced us to Hercule Poirot, the most popular detective since Sherlock Holmes. She is known throughout the world as the Queen of Crime and her works have sold over two billion copies - 80 crime books, 19 plays, and six novels under the name of Mary Westmacott.
- Author(s)Agatha Christie
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight590 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Contained items statementContains 3 Paperbacks
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementBoxed Set edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.40Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.