All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe darkest depths of the organizedunderworld, from mobsters in the U.S. to Hells Angels in Germany to child armies in AfricaHistorically, those outside the law have always tended to band together in pursuit of riches and power, eventually spawning the murky, brutal world of today's organized crime discussed here.This booktraces theorigins of the archetypical, modern gangster to 1920s America, when Prohibition turned street-corner hoodlums into rich and powerful businessmen.From that beginning, highly organized and ferociously protective gangshavebecome prevalent throughout the world. Despite their despicable methods, we are still fascinated by their labyrinthine networks, and this book reveals how did gangs formed, how they wield their power, how they maintain their secretive societies, and how they evade the massive forces of law and order arrayed against them.
- Author BiographyNigel Blundell is the author of Serial Killers: Butchers and Cannibals, Serial Killers: Murder Without Mercy, and Serial Killers: The World's Most Evil.
- Author(s)Nigel Blundell
- PublisherJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour), portraits (black and white, and colour)
- Weight227 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.