All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionReversing a common science fiction cliche, Farscape follows the adventures of the human astronaut John Crichton after he is shot through a wormhole into ather part of the universe. Here Crichton is the only human being, going from being a member of the most intelligent species on our planet to being frequently considered mentally deficient by the beings he encounters in his new environment. Crichton befriends a group of beings from various species attempting to escape from imprisonment aboard a living spaceship. The series, which broke many of the so-called rules of science fiction, follows Crichton's attempts to survive in worlds that are often hostile to him and his friends. Their adventures centre on each being's attempt to find a way home. The essays in this volume explore themes running throughout the series, such as good and evil, love and sex, and what it means to be a hero, as well as the various characters populating the series, including the villains and even the ship itself.
- Author BiographySherry Ginn teaches psychology at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. She has published a book on the works of Joss Whedon as well as essays on science fiction television series, including Doctor Who, Torchwood and Farscape.
Donald E. Palumbo is a professor of English at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina, USA. He lives in Greenville.
C. W. Sullivan III is Distinguished Professor of arts and sciences at East Carolina University, USA, and a full member of the Welsh Academy. He is the author of numerous books and the on-line journal Celtic Cultural Studies.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleCritical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 40
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byC. W. Sullivan,Donald E. Palumbo,Sherry Ginn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.