All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the worth of the social ecomy? What worth does the social ecomy produce? Co-operatives, t-for-profit and mutual benefits organizations as well as foundations share common values that colour the way they perform and how they manage to do so. Yet, little is kwn about how the social ecomy is actually being evaluated, and how evaluation may reinforce or weaken this specificity. This book fills a gap in the literature about the social ecomy. It seeks to make a critical assessment of the interests to which the social ecomy of today must cater and for which questions of evaluation appear to be the most telling. A first set of contributions is made up of four theoretical papers inspired by various disciplinary fields: management, ecomy, sociology, philosophy. A second set of contributions is composed of seven national analyses of how the social ecomy is evaluated in different institutional contexts: France, Quebec (Canada), United Kingdom, United States, Brazil, Portugal and Japan. The conclusion of the book summarizes the findings of this study and formulates some questions addressed to policy designers, evaluation specialists and social ecomy actors.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: CIRIEC (International Centre of Research and Information on the Public, Social and Cooperative Economy) is a non-governmental international scientific organization. Its objectives are to undertake and promote the collection of information, scientific research, and the publication of works on economic sectors and activities oriented towards the service of the general and collective interest. Marie J. Bouchard is a professor at Universite du Quebec a Montreal (Canada) where she is the director of the Canada Research Chair on the Social Economy and a member of the Centre de recherche sur les innovations sociales (CRISES). She acted as the coordinator of the CIRIEC International Working Group on Methods and Indicators for Evaluating the Social Economy.
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEconomie Sociale & Economie Publique/Social Economy & Public Economy
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2010
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Note12, 12 tables
- Weight370 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCIRIEC
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.