All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1983, beloved Caldecott-winning illustrator, Chris Van Allsburg, first invited readers to peer over the edge of a cliff to consider the wreck of a small sailboat. Had a churning sea carried the Zephyr up in a storm? Could waves ever have been so impossibly high? And what of the boy who had believed dared to chase the wind matter where it lead? Now, thirty years later, the winds have shifted once again and you re invited back to the wreck of the Zephyr, to hear the story of the boy and his obsession to become the world s greatest sailor, and a storm that carried them to a place where boats sail on the wind, instead of on the water.Told in spare text and haunting, full-color pastels, Chris Van Allsburg s spectral sailboats once again take impossbile flight. In illustrations so vivid one can feel the whisper of wind and hear the flutter of canvas, depart this world for ather to entertain the marvelous possibility of dreams. This 30th anniversarygiftedition includes a bonus digital audio file to download, read by Chris Van Allsburg, and astunning new jacket!
- Author BiographyTwo-time Caldecott Medal-winning artist Chris Van Allsburg (Jumanji and The Polar Express) has written and illustrated many thought-provoking picture books, and was awarded the Regina Medal for lifetime achievement in children s literature. He lives in Massachusetts on the North Shore. Visit his website at www.chrisvanallsburg.com.
- Author(s)Chris Van Allsburg
- PublisherHarcourt Brace and Company
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationChina
- ImprintHarcourt Brace and Company
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width287 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.