All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Wrinkles of the City project first started when JR visited the city of Cartagena, Spain. JR photographed its oldest inhabitants who are taken as the memory incarnate of the city, marked by the scars of its history, economic expansion and socio-cultural mutations. While meeting and photographing the elderly, JR imaged their wrinkles, as the marks of time, the traces of their lives that are linked with the history of the city. Wrinkles of the City takes on a new addition in Havana, Cuba as JR invites Jose Parla to collaborate by photographing and documenting the elderly of Havana to create murals together in a mixture of collage and. JR is the name of a french photographer and artist whose identity is unconfirmed. He has been introduced by the journalist Fabrice Bousteau as: the one we already call the Cartier-Bresson of the 21st century. On 20 October 2010, JR won the TED Prize for 2011. The TED Prize is awarded annually to an exceptional individual who receives 100,000 and, much more important, 'One Wish to Change the World. He exhibits freely in the streets of the world, catching the attention of people who are not typical museum visitors.
- Author(s)JR Parla,Jose Parla
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1690 g
- Width298 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.