All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE WRITE START, PARAGRAPHS TO ESSAYS: WITH STUDENT AND PROFESSIONAL READINGS, 5E, International Edition introduces the developing writer to the basic elements necessary for writing effective essays in the academic environment. The Fifth Edition focuses first on writing paragraphs that express thoughts about a topic, and then on expanding the topic to the longer essay format. These skills will help students communicate more effectively and prepare them for the rigors of their first college-level composition course.
- Author BiographyGayle Feng-Checkett is originally from California and received her B.A. in Comparative Literature and Spanish from the University of Redlands in 1974. She received her M.A. in English with a minor in Spanish from the University of North Dakota and continued her graduate work with studies in Teaching English as a Second Language. Feng-Checkett's special interests in teaching are in Composition, Comparative Literature, and Teaching English as a Second Language. Lawrence Checkett is originally from St. Louis and received his undergraduate degree in English from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. While an undergraduate, Checkett helped publish the first student art magazine containing original stories, poems, art, and photography by fellow students. He did graduate work at the University of Missouri-Columbia and Webster University where he received his M.A. degree in Literature. While at Webster University, he was the first assistant editor on the newly created Webster Review, now in its 30th year of production. He has completed post-graduate work through California State University, studying literature, music, architecture, history, and film.
- Author(s)Gayle Feng-Checkett,Lawrence Checkett
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication28/01/2013
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle & Heinle Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement5th International edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.