All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE WRITER'S HARBRACE HANDBOOK, 5E, International Edition is grounded in the belief that an understanding of the rhetorical situation--the writer, reader, message, context, and opportunity for writing--provides the best starting point for effective writing and reading. This comprehensive handbook guides student writers in employing that rhetorical understanding as they choose the most effective information to include, the best arrangement of that information, and the most appropriate language to use. The text moves students through the steps that constitute successful writing from finding appropriate topics and writing clear thesis statements to arranging ideas and developing initial drafts. THE WRITER'S HARBRACE HANDBOOK, 5E, International Edition also provides several sample student papers in various disciplines, along with instruction for successfully completing similar assignments.
- Author BiographyDistinguished Professor of English and Women's Studies and Director of the Program in Writing and Rhetoric at The Pennsylvania State University, Cheryl Glenn is widely known for her scholarship, leadership, and teaching. Besides authoring THE HARBRACE GUIDE TO WRITING and co-authoring THE HARBRACE HANDBOOKS, she is author of the prize-winning RHETORIC RETOLD: REGENDERING THE TRADITION FROM ANTIQUITY THROUGH THE RENAISSANCE; UNSPOKEN: A RHETORIC OF SILENCE; RHETORICAL EDUCATION IN AMERICA; LANDMARK ESSSAYS ON RHETORIC AND FEMINISM; RHETORIC AND WRITING IN THE NEW CENTURY; and several other titles. Dr. Glenn's rhetorical scholarship has earned her many awards, including three National Endowment for the Humanities awards, the Conference on College Composition and Communication's Richard Braddock Award, Rhetoric Review's Outstanding Essay Award, Best Book/Honorable Mention from the Society for the Study of Early Modern Women, and Rhetorician of the Year. She has served as Chair of the Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC), the largest organization of writing and rhetoric teachers in the world; as President of the Coalition of Women Scholars in the History of Rhetoric and Composition; on the CCCC and NCTE Executive Committees; as Chair of the Modern Language Association (MLA) Division on the History and Theory of Rhetoric and Composition; and as a member of the MLA Delegate Assembly. Dr. Glenn's teaching and scholarship have earned her six university teaching and mentoring awards. Professor of English at Central Washington University, Loretta Gray has three degrees related to her interest in composition and applied linguistics: Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language (School for International Training), Master of Arts in Spanish (Middlebury College), and Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Linguistics (Boston University). She has experience teaching English to non-native speakers in Mexico, Spain, and the United States. In addition, she taught Spanish at Clemson University and applied linguistics at the School for International Training. Dr. Gray has been teaching composition and applied linguistics courses at Central Washington University in Ellensburg, Washington, since 1992. She also is co-author of the textbook RHETORICAL GRAMMAR.
- Author(s)Cheryl Glenn,Loretta S. Gray
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle & Heinle Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight770 g
- Width135 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement5th International edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.