The Writing Road to Reading: The Spalding Method for Teaching Speech, Spelling, Writing, and Reading by Mary Elizabeth North, Romalda Bishop Spalding (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.36+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing four pathways to learning (listening, seeing, saying, and writing) enables Spalding students to breeze through decodable readers straight to fine children's literature: first graders gobble up Where the Wild Things Are; second graders enjoy The Velveteen Rabbit; and, third graders race through Charlotte's Web. In today's global post-industrial age, teaching children how to read has never been more essential. The Writing Road to Reading guides parents and teachers through The Spalding Method, a research-based, total language arts approach that provides multisensory instruction in spelling, writing, and listening/reading comprehension that helps develop critical thinking skills children need for life. All language is composed of phonemes, fundamental speech segments. In The Spalding Method, children learn a foundational set of these sounds and how they commonly combine in words. Moving forward, they learn how to combine phonemes in spelling, using Spalding's specially constructed list of words compiled by frequency. Their tebooks fill with hundreds of words they can see, say, and spell-a word-recognition reference and a record of their achievements-something most schoolchildren never possess. When thirty phograms (sound/letter relationships) are learned, reading naturally begins. With The Writing Road to Reading , every parent and teacher can help children develop essential critical thinking skills and instill a love of learning and reading that will last a lifetime.
- Author BiographyRomalda Bishop Spalding, a graduate of Columbia University, developed her method using principles learned from the eminent neurologist Dr. Samuel T. Orton and her experiences teaching children with language problems at Harvard Children's Hospital and public and private schools. Mary E. North, Ph.D., is director of research and curriculum at Spalding Education International (SEI). She is vice president of the International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council and serves on the executive committee of the Alliance for Accreditation and Certification of Structured Language Education, Inc. SEI is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Author(s)Mary Elizabeth North,Romalda Bishop Spalding
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication10/02/2012
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCollins Reference
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1097 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.