All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates the nature of regional variation in the early Chinese writing system. Based on palaeographical and phological examinations, it proposes that all the late pre-imperial regional scripts (5th-3rd centuries BCE) derived from a kind of orthographic meta-system reflecting one spoken standard. The conclusions of this book have further implications on reading and understanding manuscript texts in general.
- Author BiographyHaeree Park, University of Hamburg.
- Author(s)Haeree Park
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication22/02/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Manuscript Cultures
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintDe Gruyter
- Weight626 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.