All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor and journalist Brian Mooney was winding down after walking 1,300 miles from Coggeshall to Rome when a friend made a teasing comment: In the old days pilgrims didn't have the luxury of flying back. They walked home! Two years later, Brian rose to the challenge. He packed his rucksack, laced up his walking-boots and set off to make the journey in reverse. The Wrong Way for a Pizza is the account of his ten-week walk from the banks of the Tiber to the banks of the Blackwater - a mirror-image of A Long Way for a Pizza, the book he wrote after he walked to Rome in 2010. The author keeps bumping into the ghosts of his outward journey. He gets used to being told by Rome-bound pilgrims that he is walking backwards, and, with the sun behind him lighting up the Tuscan landscape, he revels in different vistas and new horizons.
- Author BiographyBrian Mooney is a prize-winning international journalist and author. He spent 30 years at Reuters reporting from more than 50 countries, and he was a Pulitzer Prize nominee and won an American Overseas Press Club Award for his coverage of Poland during the Solidarity Revolution. He is Common Councilman in the City of London, and a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.
- Author(s)Brian Mooney
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour photos
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.