All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $80.00Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.30Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.52Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $41.16
About this product
- DescriptionCan I become a doctor? Should I? How can I find out? What is it like to be in medical school? What other careers in the health field might be right for me? What are the satisfactions and pitfalls of a career in medicine? For anyone pondering a career in medicine or a related health profession, this book is an invaluable guide. It contains the firsthand advice of men and women working in the health field today. These diverse professionals describe how and why they made their career choices and what the journey has been like. They tell their stories with candor and humor, sharing their personal circumstances, experiences, uncertainties, and triumphs. More than seventy medical and health professionals, including physicians, biomedical researchers, nurses, chiropractors, medical sociologists, and others, contribute to the volume. They represent many individual viewpoints and speak from different stages of their careers. The distilled wisdom of this group conveys more comprehensively and openly than ever before what it means to choose a career in medicine.
- Author BiographyRobert M. Donaldson is David Paige Smith Professor of Medicine Emeritus, Yale University School of Medicine. Kathleen S. Lundgren is editorial fellow, Institution for Social and Policy Studies, Yale University. Howard Spiro is Professor of Medicine Emeritus, Yale University School of Medicine.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleThe Institution for Social and Policy Studies
- Place of PublicationNew haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight713 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byJr.,Kathleen S. Lundgren,Professor Robert M. Donaldson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.