Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is more than just a record of the New Orleans YAT language. It was written to provide the true history of why New Orleans speech and dialect are being called the YAT language and how it all began. Many have written about the YAT language, but one ever mentions the true reason why the name YAT came to be applied to our New Orleans speech. The true story of how our speech and dialect came to be kwn as YAT began way back in 1950's. The word YAT evolved through three decades then came into existence in the late 50's and early 1960's. This book will explain the true story of what happened in New Orleans that brought about the name YAT to describe our unique speech pattern and pronunciations of words, plus a fun dictionary of the YAT words we use. Why did it become popular throughout the United States and many parts of the world? Well, it was because THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS football team and their loyal fans created the WHO DAT NATION by using the YAT lingo, when they would yell, WHO DAT SAY DA GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS, WHO DAT, WHO DAT.
- Author(s)Ray Canatella
- Date of Publication20/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.