All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this classic story of the Baxter family of inland Florida and their wild, hard, satisfying life, Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings has written one of the great vels of our times. A rich and varied story - tender in its understanding of boyhood, crowded with the excitement of the backwoods hunt, with vivid descriptions of the primitive, beautiful hammock country, with humor and earthy philosophy - The Yearling is a vel for readers of all tastes and ages. Its glowing picture of life that is far and refreshingly removed from modern patterns of living becomes universal in its revelation of simple courageous people and the abiding beliefs they live by. Winner of Pulitzer Prize in 1938, The Yearling was made available the following year in a special edition illustrated by the distinguished American artist, N.C. Wyeth. The original paintings have been re-photographed and new plates made for this handsome volume.
- Author(s)Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
- PublisherPerfection Learning
- Date of Publication01/03/1988
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerfection Learning
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width107 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Illustrator(s)Edward Shenton
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement50th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.