All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey have stalked the horizons of our culture, wreaked havoc on moribund concepts of dead and t dead, threatened our sense of identity, and endangered our personal safety. Now zombies have emerged from the lurking shadows of society's fringes to wander the sacred halls of the academy, feasting on tender minds and hurling rot across our intellectual landscape. It is time to unite in common cause, to shore up defenses, firm up critical and analytical resources, and fortify crumbling lines of inquiry. Responding to this call, Brain Workers from the Zombie Research Center poke and prod the rotting corpus of zombie culture trying to make sense of cult classics and the unstoppable growth of new and even more disturbing work. They exhume zombie theory and decaying historical documents from America, Europe, and the Caribbean in order to unearth the zombie world and arm readers with the brain tools necessary for everyday survival. Readers will see that zombie culture today lives in shapes as mutable as a zombie horde-and is often just as violent.
- Author BiographyEdward P. Comentale is Professor of English at Indiana University. He is editor (with Stephen Watt and Skip Willman) of Ian Fleming and James Bond: The Cultural Politics of 007 (IUP, 2005) and author of Sweet Air: Modernism, Regionalism, and American Popular Song. Aaron Jaffe is Professor of English at the University of Louisville. He is editor (with Edward P. Comentale) of The Year's Work in Lebowski Studies (IUP, 2009) and author of Modernism and the Culture of Celebrity.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication22/09/2014
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleThe Year's Work: Studies in Fan Culture and Cultural Theory
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note53 b&w illus.
- Weight558 g
- Width156 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAaron Jaffe,Edward P. Comentale
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.