Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the incomparable vision and breathtaking detail that brought his w-classic Mars trilogy to vivid life, bestselling author KIM STANLEY ROBINSON boldly imagines an alternate history of the last seven hundred years. In his grandest work yet, the acclaimed storyteller constructs a world vastly different from the one we kw.... The Years of Rice and Salt It is the fourteenth century and one of the most apocalyptic events in human history is set to occur the coming of the Black Death. History teaches us that a third of Europe s population was destroyed. But what if? What if the plague killed 99 percent of the population instead? How would the world have changed? This is a look at the history that could have been a history that stretches across centuries, a history that sees dynasties and nations rise and crumble, a history that spans horrible famine and magnificent invation. These are the years of rice and salt. This is a universe where the first ship to reach the New World travels across the Pacific Ocean from China and colonization spreads from west to east. This is a universe where the Industrial Revolution is triggered by the world s greatest scientific minds in India. This is a universe where Buddhism and Islam are the most influential and practiced religions and Christianity is merely a historical footte. Through the eyes of soldiers and kings, explorers and philosophers, slaves and scholars, Robinson renders an immensely rich tapestry. Rewriting history and probing the most profound questions as only he can, Robinson shines his extraordinary light on the place of religion, culture, power, and even love on such an Earth. From the steppes of Asia to the shores of the Western Hemisphere, from the age of Akbar to the present and beyond, here is the stunning story of the creation of a new world. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyKim Stanley Robinson is the author of the Nebula and Hugo Award winning Mars trilogy: Red Mars, Green Mars, and Blue Mars, as well as The Martians, Antarctica, The Wild Shore, The Gold Coast, Pacific Edge, A Short, Sharp Shock, and other novels. He lives in Davis, California. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Kim Stanley Robinson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width108 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.