The Yod Book: Including a Complete Discussion of Unaspected Planets by Karen Hamaker-Zondag (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA yod is formed when two planets that are sextile also form an inconjunct to ather planet. These planets are in different signs and modes and are deeply significant, for they usually symbolize patterns in families that have lasted for generations. This is what Hamaker-Zondag discovered when she started to research the inconjunct aspect as it related to a yod. Also included in this book is a complete discussion of how the energies of unaspected planets, and planets in duet (that only aspect each other) are expressed in a person's birth chart. Hamaker-Zondag says that people with a yod are often insecure, or have trouble expressing themselves, and there is an emphasis on stalemates or unusual situations. She analyzes the background and places it in a broader perspective, including how she works with elements, modes, orbs, and other astrological factors when interpreting this aspect. All in all, this is one of the most exciting books on aspect interpretation published in recent years! Included are great case histories: you have a chance to examine the Monica Lewinsky, Linda Tripp, Kenneth Starr, Bill Clinton scenario and see it with new eyes. And Princess Diana, Prince Charles, and Prince William are t without these family patterns. The stories are profound. These aspects work in the lives of people who change the world, people who have lived the unpopular position of stalemate, delay, and social change indicated by the presence of a yod in their natal chart, by transit, or by progression. She uses the examples of Gandhi, Vaclav Havel, Khomeini, Solzhenitsyn, Willy Brandt, C. G. Jung, Jim Jones, and others. To help you work with your own clients, Hamaker-Zondag brings in the charts of her personal clients and explains them in depth. When you've read this book, you'll want to check out the charts of everyone you kw!
- Author BiographyKaren Hamaker-Zondag is the author of fifteen books, including The Twelfth House and Tarot as a Way of Life. She is a recipient of the 1998 Regulus Award for Education from the UAC, founder two schools: Stichting Achernar, an astrological school; and Stichting Odrerir, a school of Jungian Psychology. With her husband Hans, in 1990, she started Symbolon, a successful quarterly astrological journal. Karen lives near Amsterdam with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Karen Hamaker-Zondag
- PublisherRed Wheel/Weiser
- Date of Publication06/06/2000
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Place of PublicationMaine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintRed Wheel/Weiser
- Content Notecha
- Weight650 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.