All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe basic questions of Who Am I? Where Am I Going? What Is the Purpose of Life? are asked by every generation, and Patanjali's answers (given in the third century BC) form one of the oldest spiritual texts in the world. 'That which unites' is called 'Yoga' - and is thus much broader than the form of exercise so popular today. It is a way to restore our lost wholeness, our integrity as complete human beings, by unifying the personality around a centre that is silent and unbounded. Alistair Shearer's superb introduction and translation bring these ancient, vital teachings to life in the modern world and are for all those who seek the benefits of self-kwledge.
- Author BiographyAlistair Shearer did postgraduate work in Sanskrit at the University of Lancaster after studying literature at Cambridge. He currently divides his time between lecturing and writing on the sacred art of Hinduism and Buddhism, teaching meditation courses and leading cultural tours to the Indian sub-continent. His latest publications include The Spirit of Asia and Buddha: The Intelligent Heart.
- Author(s)Alistair Shearer
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication14/09/2010
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRider & Co
- Weight72 g
- Width110 mm
- Height154 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.