All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe true account of a man drawn to explore the mysteries of Tibetan spirituality hidden from the outside world for centuries. The story begins in the Highlands of Scotland and quickly moves to the 'roof of the world' in the Himalayas where questions are put, and answers revealed, by Master teachers in the monasteries on the High Plateau. Set at a time before the Chinese invasion of Tibet in 1950 and the destruction of hundreds of monasteries and the torture and murder of monks that followed, Dr MacDonald-Bayne gives the reader a rare glimpse of life as it was, amongst these deeply spiritual and peaceful people. He returned to teach and lecture throughout the world following his life-changing encounters with his spiritual mentors in what was a peaceful land of higher thought. This is the sequel to the author's earlier work, Beyond the Himalayas.
- Author BiographyDr Murdo MacDonald-Bayne, the second son of a farming family, was born in 1887 in the Highlands of Scotland. After studying to become a medical doctor he went on to achieve Doctorates in Divinity and Philosophy before being commissioned in the British Army and serving with distinction in the Great War. He was awarded the British War Medal, the Victory Medal and the Military Cross after being badly wounded in France. He then turned his back on returning to a promising medical career in Scotland in order to travel and research some of the major world religions. His research eventually led him to the most remote corners of the Himalayas. It was in Tibet that he was taught by Masters and monks in monasteries and lamaseries who prepared him for a life of healing and lecturing throughout the world. Dr MacDonald-Bayne's writings and recorded lectures ensure his timeless legacy of healing and teaching an uncomplicated spirituality continues.
- Author(s)Dr Murdo MacDonald-Bayne Ph D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.