All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThere have been hundreds of books written on the subject of cricket coaching over the past two centuries. This book does t attempt to add to that list. Instead it attempts to provide young cricketers with ntechnical tips and techniques to help them develop into successful young cricketers. The Young Cricketer's Companion is for all young cricketers who wish to raise their level of performance. The book provides performance tips and valuable insights into the mental side of the game - the psychology of cricket - at a level suited to those aged between 10 and 18 years. The author covers the mental aspects of batting, bowling, fielding and wicket-keeping, as well as fitness, pre-season preparation, practice and captaincy. '.... for many years we have seen a plethora of books based on improving cricketing techniques. Seldom do we come across an approach to cricket which encompasses so many facets of the game, such as physical, mental and nutritional preparation. A good read for any players serious about their cricket who wish to improve their performance....' Peter Watt, Head of Physical Education, Hutt International Boys' School. 'The Young Cricketer's Companion is a wonderful book for any young cricketer who loves cricket and wishes to take his game to the next level. The book offers sound advice and a common sense, simple approach to a game that can sometimes be overcomplicated by those charged with coaching the game. What sets it apart from many of the other books about youth cricket is the underlying mental approach to the game that the author subtly refers to consistently throughout the book. Cricket at the higher level is all about the top six inches and the sooner our cricketers are exposed to this at the lower levels the better I believe they will become.' Mark Borthwick, Coaching Director, Cricket Wellington.
- Author BiographyThe author is a New Zealand Cricket qualified coach who has had 40 years' experience in coaching young cricketers, and in selecting and managing club, school and representative teams. He now specialises in one-on-one coaching and correcting unsafe bowling actions in young cricketers.
- Author(s)MR Kevin Keys
- PublisherKevin Keys
- Date of Publication02/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKevin Keys
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.