About this product
- DescriptionAimed at children across the African continent, this collection of folk tales find their origins in tribes from all over Africa. These include legends such as How Lion and Warthog became enemies from the Lamba, How Giraffe acquired his long neck from East Africa, Why Hippopotamus lives in the water from Nigeria and Monkey the musician from South Africa. There are tales from the San, the Zulu, Zambia, Congo and West Africa. At the end of each section - devoted to a type of animal - there are facts about the animal in question, adding to the educational value of the stories.
- Author(s)Dianne Stewart
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintStruik Publishers
- Content Note41 full-colour illustrations
- Weight380 g
- Width170 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kathy Pienaar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.