All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionHigh school senior Miles Parker is an aspiring vegan with a bit of a violent streak. Miles also has a major-league arm, but walked away from sports when his dad abandoned him. Living alone, Miles searches for a new identity through the rangefinder of his vintage Zorki camera. War rages overseas and threatens to break out closer to home. Inspired by two free-thinking teachers and a reclusive artist, Miles and his brainy sidekick Bird handle the return of the draft, complex relationships, and hometown haters with creativity and humor. The Zorki Chronicles is a coming-of-age vel whose quirky characters make a stand for the new counterculture.
- Author BiographyJersey City 1955. Wrote first sentence, A baby is born, circa '59. Beatles '63. Summer of '65 behind Iron Curtain (Czechoslovakia) and Italy. Michelangelo. Baseball no-hitter '71. High school in a village with no stop lights. Basketball point guard. First job, assistant custodian. Time-Life Photography series. Muhammad Ali. Weight lifting. Hemingway. Mailer. Vonnegut. Europe. College. Quit college. Landscaper. College. Europe. Night shift A&P. Drug and alcohol caseworker. Law School: 3 days. Began writing short stories. Peru. Springsteen. Kerouac. Gary Snyder. Buddhism. Three-mile Island. Drove USA coast-to-coast solo 72 hours. Began teaching '80. Einstein on the Beach. Married '81. David Byrne. Lynda Barry. Poetry. Len Roberts. Vegan '83. Modern Art. Boxing with Earnee Butler. Photography with Larry Fink. New Body Electric project '88 -'94. R.E.M. Outsider Art. VW camper, Colorado, West coast, Canada. Morrissey. Clash. Photo documentary, demolition derby '95 - present. Librarian. Photography instructor. 4N. Y2K. 9/11. Moved/restored Civil War era barn. Published Crash Burn Love '05. Knee operation. India '09. Opera. Dickens, Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Twain. The Zorki Chronicles 2013. Bill Lowenburg is the author of the critically-acclaimed monograph, Crash Burn Love: Demolition Derby. His photographs and articles have been published internationally by Popular Photography, PBS Point of View, BBC Top Gear, and Slate.com, among others. A two-time Norman Mailer Society Scholarship recipient, Bill was a researcher on the authorized biography, Norman Mailer: A Double Life. Bill has Masters degrees in Social Studies education and Library Science, and an MFA in Creative Writing. He lives and teaches in Stroudsburg, PA.
- Author(s)Bill Lowenburg
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.