All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll animals have the ability to make us question the human, and its relationship to the other. This cutting-edge text addresses the implications of involving animals in performance. It demonstrates ways in which animals transform theatre's capacity to make meaning, and suggests they expose theatre's negotiations with wider ethical, social and ecomic questions. Ultimately, the book argues that incorporating animals into performance brings about a reassessment of the ways in which theatre is produced and received.
- Author BiographyLourdes Orozco is Lecturer in Theatre Studies at the Workshop Theatre, University of Leeds, UK. She co-edited two special issues of Contemporary Theatre Review focussing on Catalan Theatre and Flemish Theatre, and is currently working on an edited collection, Performing Animality: Animals in Performance Practices, with Jennifer Parker-Starbuck.
- Author(s)Lourdes Orozco
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleTheatre and
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Weight78 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.