All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow are hybrid and diasporic identities performed in increasingly diverse societies? How can we begin to think differently about theatrical flow across cultures? Interculturalism is an increasingly urgent topic in the 21st century. As human traffic between nations increases, it becomes imperative to critically re-examine the way cultural exchange is performed. Theatre& Interculturalism surveys established approaches and asks what it would mean to reconsider intercultural performance, t from the points of view of the colonizing cultures, but 'from below'- from the viewpoints of the historically colonized and marginalized.
- Author BiographyRIC KNOWLES is Professor of Theatre Studies at the University of Guelph, Canada. He is editor of Canadian Theatre Review, and former editor of Modern Drama. He is the author of The Theatre of Form, Shakespeare and Canada, and Reading the Material Theatre. He is general editor of the series Critical Perspectives on Canadian Theatre in English.
- Author(s)Ric Knowles
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/06/2010
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleTheatre and
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight85 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.