All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Theatre in Ancient Greek Society the author examines the social setting and function of ancient Greek theatre through the thousand years of its performance history. Instead of using written sources, which were intended only for a small, educated section of the population, he draws most of his evidence from a wide range of archaeological material - from cheap, mass-produced vases and figurines to elegant silverware produced for the dining tables of the wealthy. This is the first study examining the function and impact of the theatre in ancient Greek society by employing an archaeological approach.
- Author(s)J. R. Green
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/1996
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note87 b&w photos, 24 line drawings, bibliography, index
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.