All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing on from the 50th anniversary of the birth of Theatre in Education in Britain in 2015, this is an essential and timely companion to the story of TIE. It contextualizes it within the political and educational landscape of the last fifty years and examines its legacy today. Through this, Roger Wooster offers insights into future possibilities and applications in the field of Applied Theatre, drama in schools and pedagogical theory. With examples and analysis of international developments in TIE, and a foreword by Philip Taylor (NYU, USA), the volume provides a wide-ranging account of past and current practice. Across its three sections the volume examines the origins, work and legacy of TIE, considering for the first time its practical details. Each section features an Afterword by a leading practitioner reflecting on the work (including Warwick Dobson, Chris Vine and Anthony Jackson), and chapters draw on case studies and interviews with key practitioners. Chapter summaries and a companion website further enhance the text as a valuable teaching resource for theatre educators.
- Author BiographyRoger Wooster is former Senior Lecturer at the University of South Wales, UK. He has published widely on Theatre in Education and presented papers at many international conferences. He is on the editorial board of the Journal for Drama Education.
- Author(s)Roger Wooster
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Note15 bw illus
- Weight448 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byPhilip Taylor
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.