All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title covers world theatres and spaces of performance. It features original photography; broad appeal: can be marketed as a guide to theatres; scholarly appeal: critical inquiry into overlooked area deserving attention. This book discusses spaces of performance from formal opera houses to parks and graffiti around the world and is a companion to Theatre in Passing: A Moscow Photo-Diary . Drawing once again on Michel de Certeau's tion of a 'second poetic geography,' this new volume examines prominent theatrical destinations - New York, London and Paris - along with others that are often overlooked, including Canada, Mexico and Turkey. In addition to indoor theatres, the book covers a variety of outdoor theatrical spaces, as well as street theatre. Like its predecessor, Theatre in Passing 2 is richly illustrated with photographs by the author and provides fascinating insights into the intersection of performing arts, visual culture and photography.
- Author Biography(E)lena K. Siemens is associate professor of modern languages and cultural studies at the University of Alberta. She is the author of Theatre in Passing: A Moscow Photo-Diary.
- Author(s)Elena Siemens
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication17/02/2015
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.