All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionTranslation and film adaptation of theatre have received little study. In filling that gap, this book draws on the experiences of theatrical translators and on movie versions of plays from various countries. It also offers insights into such concerns as the translation of bilingual plays and the choice between subtitling and dubbing of film.
- Author BiographyPhyllis Zatlin is Professor of Spanish and coordinator of translator training at Rutgers University. She has been associate editor of the journal Estreno, contributing editor of Western European Stages, and general editor of ESTRENO Plays translation series. Her books include Cross-Cultural Approaches to Theatre: The Spanish-French Connection (1994) and The Novels and Plays of Eduardo Manet, an Adventure in Multi-Culturalism (2000).
- Author(s)Phyllis Zatlin
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2005
- Series TitleTopics in Translation
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight424 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.