All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on a research project supported by the European Foundation, this book explores how primary and secondary students in four different European countries view theirs and the world's future. The results indicate that there is a gap between students' perspectives about the future and a clear pedagogical base for helping students confront many issues that are significant to them. The importance of ensuring students become critically aware citizens and helping them develop the ability and skills necessary for facing the challenges of the future are patent. This book spells out specific ways in which the issues which emerged from the study can be approached from diverse fields (geography, language learning and arts and crafts). It also discusses some cross-disciplinary educational issues relevant to all teachers - general education and cross-disciplinary, as well as offering two proposals on how teachers can count on sufficient psychological support to face the challenges of teaching in an increasingly complex environment and promote cooperative behaviour in the classroom.
- Author BiographyMelinda Dooly teaches at the Faculty of Education, Autonomous University of Barcelona (Spain). She is the author of numerous journal articles, chapters and books dealing with language teacher training. She has been a guest teacher at universities in Europe and the USA and has participated in many international educational projects.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication10/11/2010
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Notecoloured and b/w ill., fig. and tables
- Weight370 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byMelinda Dooly
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.