All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor introductory courses in cartography. This comprehensive text blends broad coverage of basic methods for symbolizing spatial data with an introduction to cutting-edge data visualization techniques. The authors' balanced presentation clearly contrasts different approaches for symbolizing spatial data, in addition to individual mapping techniques.
- Author BiographyTerry A. Slocum currently is an Associate Professor in the Department of Geography at the University of Kansas. He received his B.A. and M.A. from SUNY at Albany, and his Ph.D. from the University of Kansas. Professor Slocum has published extensively in numerous refereed outlets, including Cartography and Geographic Information Science, Cartographica, Journal of Geography, Annals of the Association of American Geographers, The Professional Geographer, and The British Cartographic Journal. He has authored the books Thematic Cartography and Visualization (Prentice-Hall, 1999) and Thematic Cartography and Geographic Visualization (Pearson Education, Inc., 2005) . From 1999 to 2002 , he served as editor of Cartography and Geographic Information Science. He has been involved in numerous grants, including two from the National Science Foundation, and has received two Teacher Appreciation awards from the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) at the University of Kansas. From 2003 to the present, he has served as Chair of the Department of Geography at the University of Kansas. Fritz Kessler is currently an Associate Professor at Frostburg State University (FSU) located in Frostburg, MD and has been teaching a variety of geography courses since the fall of 1999. Professor Kessler's cartographic background has evolved through a variety of cartographic related positions. He began his career in cartography while working in Ohio University's Cartographic Center as an undergraduate student. After graduating from Ohio University in 1988 with a B.S. in Geography, he worked for the USGS Water Resource Division in Towson, MD as a Cartographic Technician. After receiving his M.S. from Penn State in 1991, he joined Intergraph as a Systems Analyst in Huntsville, AL. Desirous to return to production cartography, he took a position with R. R. Donnelley and Sons as a Cartographer. Although a fascinating experience, he chose to return to pursue his Ph.D. at the University of Kansas, during which time he worked for the Kansas State Geological Survey as a GIS Technician and as a Map Librarian at the T. R. Smith Map Library. In his ninth year of teaching at FSU, Fritz also holds a joint appointment through Penn State where he teaches and online course on map projections, datums, and coordinate systems in the Master of Geographic Information Systems degree program. Fritz has published in Cartographica, Cartography and Geographic Information Science, and American Congress on Surveying and Mapping's Bulletin. Fritz is currently the Editor of Cartographic Perspectives, a peer-reviewed journal focusing on a broad array of cartographic topics, has served on the North American Cartographic and Information Society's Board of Directors, and was the Secretary in the International Cartographic Association's Working Group on Map Projections.
- Author(s)Fritz C. Kessler,Hugh Howard,Robert B. McMaster,Terry A. Slocum
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication04/04/2008
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1502 g
- Width215 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.