Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $112.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $85.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique resource provides readers with a systematic guide to the central themes in 150 of the most commonly taught American vels. Each of the 50 well written essays identifies and discusses an important theme, such as Alienation, Corruption of Power, and Immigrant Life that recurs in American literature. The pertinence of these themes is examined in a wide range of vels that reflect this country's cultural diversity and that span the many time periods in America's literary heritage. These vels include the canical and the contemporary, yet they are all works that are accessible and important to students, and were selected in consultation with educators and experts' published curriculum surveys. The organization of this guide allows users to compare and contrast thematically related vels and also provides help in the selection of titles for classroom discussion and assignments. This thematic guide is organized into 50 narrative essays. Each essay, written expressively with the student in mind, provides in-depth analyses of three American vels. The entries include selected lists of further suggested readings; additional fiction works that relate to the theme explored. Two helpful appendices make this resource even more valuable for the literature collection. One appendix provides additional themes and topics to be explored in the 150 vels. For quick reference, a second appendix organizes the 150 discussed vels alphabetically, identifying both the central and secondary themes for discussion in each. An author/title index, as well as a character/title index, facilitated optimum access to these works.
- Author BiographyLYNDA G. ADAMSON is Professor of Literature and Chair of the English Department at Prince George's Community College. She has taught American, Children's and Comparative Literature courses and has been honored with the Senate Faculty Excellence Award. She has previously written ten reference books including Notable Women in American History (Greenwood 1999), Literature Connections to American History (1998) and Recreating the Past: A Guide to American and World Historical Fiction for Children and Young Adults (Greenwood 1994).
- Author(s)Lynda G. Adamson
- Date of Publication30/03/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight692 g
- Width165 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.