All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThemba, a fifteen year old boy, dreams of becoming a football star. One day, he leaves his rural village and travels with his sister in search of their mother who went to the city to find work. Life is a struggle and Themba has to grow up fast. A lucky break gives him the chance to train as a footballer and play professionally - but Themba has a secret - should he tell the truth, and risk everything he's ever dreamed of?
- Author BiographyLutz van Dijk is a prize-winning author.Among other books he has written a novel for young people, Stronger than the Storm, and The History of Africa, with a preface by Archbishop Desmond Tutu. His books have been published in several languages including Chinese and IsiXhosa. Themba has been made into a movie which won a Unicef award in 2010.
- Author(s)Lutz van Dijk
- PublisherAurora Metro Publications
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurora Metro Publications
- Content Noteb/w photographs
- Weight227 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCheryl Robson
- Translated byKarin Chubb
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.