All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnalyzing 18 contemporary films from across Latin America, this book identifies and explores seven crucial themes in Latin American film, including: the indigeus image, sexuality, childhood, female protagonists, crime and corruption, fratricidal wars, and writers as characters. Designed as a guide for teachers of the Spanish language and/or Latin American film, literature, and culture, the book provides a sweeping look at the logistical circumstances of filmmaking in the region along with the criteria traditionally involved in reading and interpreting a Latin American film. It also includes interviews with and brief biographies of influential filmmakers, along with film sypses, production details and credits, transcripts of selected scenes, and suggestions for further discussion and analysis.
- Author BiographyKeith John Richards has taught Latin American film and literature at the University of Leeds and at the University of Richmond, Virginia. He currently lives in La Paz, Bolivia, and teaches film and literature at the Universidad Mayor de San Andres.
- Author(s)Keith John Richards
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotos, notes, bibliography, filmographies, index
- Weight476 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.