All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThemes in Modern European History, 1890-1945 brings together an international team of scholars to address an eclectic range of developments and issues in European history in the period between 1890 and the end of the Second World War. This lively collection of essays adopts a thematic approach, in order to explore comprehensively a period of great change and upheaval in Europe. Concentrating on the main powers in Europe, from Germany, Italy and Russia, to the UK and France, the book links together developments in society, the ecomy, politics and culture, and establishes them in their political framework. Specially commissioned chapters discuss key issues such as: * popular culture * the relationship between East and West * intellectual and cultural trends * the origins and impact of two world wars * communism, dictatorship and liberal democracy * the relationship of Europe with the wider world. Including a chrology, maps and a glossary, as well as suggestions for further reading, this comprehensive volume is an invaluable and authoritative resource for students of modern European history.
- Author BiographyNicholas Atkin is Professor of Modern European history at the University of Reading. He has published extensively on twentieth-century France and has recently edited The Daily Lives of Civilians in Wartime Twentieth Century Europe. He is currently writing a history of British tourism to France since the 1850s. Michael Biddiss is Emeritus Professor of History at the University of Reading General Editor of the Routledge 'Themes' series. His previous publications include Disease and History (co-author, 2000); and The Humanities in the New Millennium (co-editor, 2000).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/11/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleThemes in Modern European History Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight504 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMichael Biddiss,Nicholas Atkin
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.