All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThemistius' treatment of Books 1-3 of Aristotle's Physics presents central features of Aristotle's thought about principles, causation, change and infinity. The tradition of synthesising and epitomising exegesis is here raised to a new level by the invative method of paraphrase pioneered by Themistius. Taking a selective, but telling, account of the earlier Peripatetic and Presocratic tradition, Themistius creates a framework that can still be profitably used in the study of Aristotle. This volume contains the first English translation of Themistius' commentary, accompanied by a detailed introduction, extensive explanatory tes and a bibliography.
- Author BiographyRobert B. Todd was Quondam Professor of Classics, University of British Columbia and Fellow of the Institute for Research in Classical Philosophy and Science. He has translated three volumes of Themistius' paraphrase of Aristotle's Physics in this series, Ancient Commentators on Aristotle.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- Series TitleAncient Commentators on Aristotle
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight333 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byRobert B. Todd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.