Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFinalist for ForeWord Magazine s 1999 Poetry Book of the Year A reader and a writer don their respective roles and embark on the journey of a book. This is their story--ultimately a love story--darkly funny, mournful, testy. It is about a reader who at times presides over the page like a god, and at others follows the leash of the author's voice through the dark streets of the book like a dog, and it is about a writer of determined slipperiness. As we read, we think that each of us is The Reader, the one who kws the Real Story. But the more we think we understand, the more the story moves away from usall is t what it seems. This eagerly awaited third volume by the poet whose work The New York Times described as at once charmed and frightening is a book of high-spirited subversiveness, a work of argument, seduction, and a relentless devotion to language. Then, Suddenly bristles with the sound of the author's voice--insistent, vital, hilarious, and icoclastic--tearing away at the confinement of the page and at the distance between the page and the reader. Emanuel's images are dazzling. She creates a performance that is fearsome and funny in its portrayal of the argument between the work of the text and the world of the body. The Gettsyburg Review has called her a writer of exquisite craftsmanship who can strike from language . . . images chiseled clean as bas-relief. Then, Suddenly is a book of spectacle and verve, part elegy, part vaudeville.
- Author BiographyLynn Emanuel is the author of three previous poetry collections: Hotel Fiesta; The Dig; and Then, Suddenly-. Her work has been included in the Pushcart Prize anthology, Best American Poetry, and The Oxford Book of American Poetry. Emanuel is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Eric Matthieu King Award from The Academy of American Poets, two National Endowment for the Arts Fellowships, and a National Poetry Series Award. She is professor of English at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Author(s)Lynn Emanuel
- PublisherUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Date of Publication31/10/1999
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePitt Poetry Series
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.