Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionStunning Art Nouveau, Art Deco, and modern jewelry was manufactured by the firm of Theodor Fahrner for a hundred and twenty-five years (1855-1979.) Growing into a major producer of style-conscious jewelry, the company both led and was inspired by the major European art movements of Arts and Crafts, Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Art Moderne, and Contemporary styles. This new book is profusely color-illustrated, documenting the designs and the people who made them. Working in silver, enamels, marcasites, iron, and semi-precious stones, the designers made each contemporary style of jewelry available to a wide segment of the population. From their workshops in Pforzheim, Germany, they exported large quantities to near and distant cities, including London and the U.S.A. A detailed chrological study, the volume displays Fahrner jewelry through precise, original research and over 480 photographs, most in full color. Sections include advertisements, original design sketches, all kwn marks, pictures of the important people, and, most of all, hundreds of pieces of jewelry.
- Author(s)Ulrike Von Hase-Schumndt,etc.
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/1998
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note639 photos
- Weight1760 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.