All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen war breaks out in Europe -- modern, aerial war whose tactics include displacing entire populations -- British civilization collapses overnight. The ironically named Theodore Savage, an educated and idle civil servant, must learn to survive by his wits in a new Britain...one where science and techlogy swiftly come to be regarded with superstitious awe and terror. The book -- by a women's rights activist often remembered today for her polemical plays, tracts and treatises -- was first published in 1922.
- Author BiographyCicely Hamilton (1872--1952) was an Anglo-Irish novelist, dramatist, and campaigner for women's rights who served during WWI with an ambulance unit and at a military hospital in France. Her plays include Diana of Dobson's (1908) and How the Vote was Won (1909); her 1909 treatise Marriage as a Trade is a witty criticism of that institution. The dystopian Theodore Savage is her only science fiction novel. Gary Panter won three Emmy awards for his set designs for Pee-Wee's Playhouse. His artistic activity includes the science fiction comics Jimbo and Dal Tokyo, painting, prose, music, and light shows. He teaches at School of Visual Arts in Manhattan.
- Author(s)Cicely Hamilton
- PublisherRed Lemonade
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleThe Radium Age Science Fiction Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Lemonade
- Weight185 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Introduction byGary Panter
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.